Easy Chilli Con Carne
Below is a super easy chilli con carne recipe. Best served with rice and lots of colourful vegetables.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg EXTRA LEAN beef mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 800g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 800g can crushed tomatoes
- steamed rice, sour cream, freshly chopped coriander leaves and grated low fat tasty cheese to serve with a side of a variety of fresh vegetables
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mince, cumin and smoked paprika and cook mince, stirring and breaking up, until browned.
- Transfer to slow-cooker.
- Stir in oregano, chilli flakes, beef stock, tomato paste, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice, sour cream, freshly chopped coriander leaves and grated low fat tasty cheese plus lots of colourful vegetables cooked to your liking.
Garlic and Rosemary Chicken Breasts
This recipe is super easy and best of all healthy. Serve with a variety of vegetables or salad and rice.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cover the chicken breasts with garlic, then sprinkle with rosemary, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Place in a baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear – about 25 minutes but baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.